The COVID-19 pandemic has been turning almost every industry upside down for more than a year now. With vaccines rolling out, however, the finish line is coming into sight. This freshly immunized population might trigger an economic boom that will push us toward economic stability. However, small businesses need to start preparing for that boom now in order to handle increased business. CPAs can almost certainly expect an increase in activity as more businesses open up, profits increase, and job opportunities open up. Here’s a look at a few ideas for how you can prepare, presented by Small Business Brain.
Clear Your Administrative To-Do List
Do you have some small tasks lingering on your schedule? Knock them out:
- Now is a great time to handle tedious tasks like clearing out your email inbox.
- This is also a good opportunity to try out scheduling software, collaboration tools, or other programs that might make you more productive down the line.
Focus on Marketing
People are going to be looking for a pro – make sure they find you:
- Connect with clients and potential clients through social media.
- Consider investing in digital advertising that targets your audience directly.
- You can use an online banner maker yourself to create quick and attractive graphics to promote events and specials.
- Consider going back to school to sharpen your skills and earn your master of business degree. Doing so can help you strengthen your marketing abilities, as well as help you learn more about operations and financial management.
Upgrade Your Office
You can expect to have in-person clients again; make sure your space gives the best impression:
- Reorganize your space with form and function in mind.
- Consider giving your walls a fresh coat of paint.
- Hire a deep-cleaning service to make your office as neat and presentable as possible.
We have a decent sense now for how long it will take for business to pick back up again. Use this information to properly prepare yourself and your business for what that will look like, and you’ll be able to handle the uptick in business with aplomb.
- Common Legal Problems While Running a Business and How to Avoid Them - March 14, 2023
- 5 Promising Opportunities for Engineering Teams to Invest in Inclusive Growth - March 13, 2023
- Analysis of the FinTech Landscape - March 13, 2023