Digital marketing is a combination of 3 types of digital marketing. To implement an effective digital marketing campaign that will generate more leads and sales for your business, you need to implement each type of marketing on a continuous basis. This article will give you a basic overview of each type.
(1) Owned Marketing
This type of marketing consists of:
- Posting your branded content on your company website (so it can be found by search engines).
- Posting your branded content on your social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) …so your social network/following can stay up-to-date on what’s going on with your business.
- Posting content that is related to your product or service will help you get more exposure and recognition for what your company offers. This will help you generate more leads and sales.
(2) Earned Marketing
This type of marketing happens:
- When search engines index your content (whether it be your website pages or images from your website).
- When you create content around a specific keyword topic, search engines will notice this and include your website pages in their database.
- When people search for topic related to content that you have posted on your website, your website will show up in the search results (at no cost to you).
- Earned marketing also happens when you post your website content on your social media profiles, and one of your friends, followers or connections share that content with other people in their network (by posting it on their own social media pages).
- This helps you get noticed by people who may not be in your network. This can help grow your social media following.
(3) Paid Marketing
Search Engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing and social media sites like Facebook and Instagram allow you pay for advertising by paying for clicks or impressions.
- For example,you can pay $1.00 per click, or $1.00 per 1,000 impressions.
- Clicks = the number times someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Impressions = the number of times someone views your advertisement.
- You can also pay advertisers on a “commission basis”. Paying advertisers on a commission basis is also called affiliate or referral marketing.
- The Benefits and Downsides of Payday Loans - March 25, 2020
- This Detroit Native Started an Art Incubator to Help Creatives Get Access to the Resources They Need to Build Successful, Thriving Careers - March 15, 2020
- Small Business Statistics & Trends You Can Use to Grow Your Business in 2020 - March 15, 2020